Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lit Groups

What worked?

Our game that we played when we all finished the book was very successful and our whole group really liked it. I'm glad that I put a lot of work into that because it was very successful. I think the idea of reading along with a group is a good idea, but it doesn't work when half the group reaches the due dates, and some don't. It would have been easier to talk and discuss the book if everyone was on the same page when we checked in.

What would you like to change?

I'm a slow reader so I have to change my own reading habits so that I am not stuck reading an excessive amount the night before it is due. Other than that, I wish there was a way to make Lit Groups more even and make the work that people put into the activities a little more balanced.

What was your book about?

The book that my group read for the first Lit Group session was The Grapes of Wrath. The story followed the Joad family as they travelled from Oklahoma to California during the Dust Bowl/Great Depression in hopes of finding a better life. The book describes deaths in their family, difficulty finding work, and other tragic hardships they had to face.

No comments: